Student Book Reviewer: Kadeem F. – Grade 8
by Brent R. Sherrard
Genre: Realistic fiction
Summary: This book is about two best friends named Elias and Jordan. Jordan’s mom adopts Elias because his mother is an alcoholic who’s on welfare. Jordan acts like Elias older brother because of how close their bond is. One day in the schoolyard a bunch of hockey kids picked a fight with Elias and Jordan, and Jordan ends up breaking the kid’s nose–Which gets them arrested. As they’re in court, Jordan is thinking of a way to get out of there. Elias must stand up for himself and not listen or get influenced by Jordan, because he’s just leading him down the wrong path, which might get him put away in jail forever.
- Did this book hold your attention? Yes
- Was the story what you expected? Were you disappointed? Surprised? I was not disappointed at all. This book was amazing– it kept me going.
- Do you think that the book was suitable for your age? Too violent, swearing, sex, etc.: This book is suitable for teens and up.
- Did you like/dislike the book? Why? I like this book because it shows what goes on with some teenagers and how bad their life is.
- Who would you recommend this book to, even if you disliked it? Give an example. To spoiled kids to show them how good they have it.
- Is this a stand-alone book, or is it part of a series? This is a standalone book.
- Does the cover art match the style of the book inside? It does a little because they show a boy on the other side of the fence looking at you.