Student Book Reviewer: Ekra K. – Grade 8
by Karen McQuestion
Amazon Encore, 2011
Summary: Five years ago, on her eleventh birthday, her mother disappeared leaving she and her brother to be raised by their grandmother while their father was always travelling with his band. Ever since then, our protagonist, Angie Favorite, has been living the everyday life. Then one morning, her whole life turns around again when she barely escapes from Scott Bittner’s attack at the parking lot. Winding Scott up into jail and Angie in the hospital. Why did he randomly attack? Soon she get a letter from his mother, inviting Angie to the Bittner castle. Agreeing, she soon discovers a mind-blowing link between the most biggest mysteries of her life.
- Did this book hold your attention? Yes
- Was the story what you expected? Were you disappointed? Surprised? It was partially as I expected, there were many twists and turns that surprised me, so nothing disappointed me.
- Do you think that the book was suitable for your age? Too violent, swearing, sex, etc.: Yes, I think it was very suitable for my age. It wasn’t really vulgar at all.
- Did you like/dislike the book? Why? I actually kind of liked this book, it made me want to keep reading it. Mysterious stories like these make me feel like I’ve got a way better life than I think I do. But I also think it’d be nice if the story had some more action or if it was more blockbuster, then it’d be epic.
- Who would you recommend this book to, even if you disliked it? Give an example. I recommend this book to everyone because you might realize who you should and shouldn’t trust.
- Is this a stand-alone book, or is it part of a series? It is a standalone book.
- Does the cover art match the style of the book inside? It very much does. What the cat did was very mind-twisting.