Student Book Reviewer: Warda S. – Grade 8
by Lesley Choyce
Genre: Realistic fiction
Summary: Melanie and Trent are students in high school, they live together while trying holding down part-time job to survive. They don’t live at home and they can’t rely on the social support system. They have to help each other to stay out off streets.
- Did this book hold your attention? Yes.
- Was the story what you expected? Were you disappointed? Surprised? I was surprised because I thought it is love story.
- Do you think that the book was suitable for your age? Too violent, swearing, sex, etc.: Yes, the book was suitable for my age.
- Did you like/dislike the book? Why? I liked it because it got my attention.
- Who would you recommend this book to, even if you disliked it? Give an example. Yes.
- Is this a stand-alone book, or is it part of a series? It is stand-alone book.
- Does the cover art match the style of the book inside? Yes, it matches.
Click here for a sneak peek of this story.