Student Book Reviewer: Ajay P. – Grade 8
by Sean Rodman
Orca Book Publishers, 2011
Series: Orca Soundings
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Summary: A young teenage boy, has a recommended duty to complete daily, he has no other choice but to keep this job to himself. Not only do his parents not know, his true love Anna is so curious to find out what he is up too. Bex is a two-faced character who is always going on mission and doing tasks needed, or acting as a normal being. The truth has not yet been revealed.
- Did this book hold your attention? No.
- Was the story what you expected? Were you disappointed? Surprised? The story went well, exactly how I hoped, I liked the way the author brought along side the romance click to make the readers think of the females characteristics be. Her curiosity, her love, etc. It teaches readers of how the opposite sex is very connected to your heart once you’re in love.
- Do you think that the book was suitable for your age? Too violent, swearing, sex, etc.: Well on behalf of my story, I personally think that the book was suitable for students the age above 12, because it is a novel which deals with much maturity.
- Did you like/dislike the book? Why? I like these books. Especially when a boy is on an adventure, and is a little sneaky, it matches my characteristics. That’s one reason I enjoyed this book.
- Who would you recommend this book to, even if you disliked it? Give an example. I would recommend this book to friend who can really connect to this book, like a young teenager just like me. I think this was an exciting book, and so worth my time during the hours I took to read it.
- Is this a stand-alone book, or is it part of a series? This is a stand-alone book, yes.
- Does the cover art match the style of the book inside? Yes, it shows a boy, with a flashlight, by that you can identify that he will be a sneaky out-going character