Student Book Reviewer: John-Michael Palattao – Grade 8
by Val Karlsson
Darby Creek, 2010
Series: Night Fall, bk.3
Summary: Luke lived in a funeral home, he never really care too much of what he was doing. It didn’t bother him, working in a room with his half-crazy stepfather on the dead people. Holding funerals like that, nope. That was until his mother died.
Things kept happening around him and felt that it might have something to do about his mother’s death. Investigating his mother’s death. He discovered a secret more horrifying then what have happened.
- Did this book hold your attention? : No
- Was the story what you expected? Were you disappointed? Surprised? No, it’s not what I had expected to be. I thought there would be more stranger things that start happening around him.
- Do you think that the book was suitable for your age? Too violent, swearing, sex, etc.: I think it was, I don’t see anything that was too disturbing. Just changes to the mental states of the main character and his father.
- Did you like/dislike the book? Why? I honestly didn’t like it nor hate it, I just picked this book for a short reading run but I do like the plot. I only wish it was more detailed.
- Who would you recommend this book to, even if you disliked it? Give an example.: Truthfully, I would probably recommend it to my little brother when he reaches the age of 10 or 9 to help him in english, or just maybe for entertainment to pass off time.
- Is this a stand-alone book, or is it part of a series? It is the 3rd book of the Night Fall collection.
- Does the cover art match the style of the book inside? The open coffin cover kinda suits the book since it was talking in the setting of funeral home.