Student Book Reviewer: Sanje A. – Grade 8
by Lesley Choyce
Orca Book Publishers, 2008
Series: Orca Currents
Genre: Sports stories
Summary: There was a boy who loves to skateboard. For him skateboarding alway made him feel in a groove. When he goes to the skate park, the people at the skate park gave him a nickname The SKATE FREAK . He didn’t like the people bothering him when it was his turn for him do some moves. He gave some nasty looks; even when he is angry he didn’t say anything.
- Did this book hold your attention? No
- Was the story what you expected? Were you disappointed? Surprised? I expected the book to be sportive and it was just a little.
- Do you think that the book was suitable for your age? Too violent, swearing, sex, etc.: Yes , I think this book is better for teens.
- Did you like/dislike the book? Why? I like and dislike because some parts were boring and some parts were interesting.
- Who would you recommend this book to, even if you disliked it? Give an example. I would recommend this book to people who love to play sports or are interested in sports.
- Is this a stand-alone book, or is it part of a series? I think this book is part a series.
- Does the cover art match the style of the book inside? Yes, it does match the story.