Student Book Reviewer: Marco P.-R. – Grade 8
Orca Book Publishers, 2006
Series: Orca Soundings
Summary: A young boy named Logan dies and a car crash and is now stuck between Heaven and Earth. He then encounters two people who tell him he died too early and he had to help many people before he died. While dead he finds out his uncle is sexually abusing his little sister. He does everything in him power to help his sister and warn his family members and in the end his hard work and dedication pays off.
- Did this book hold your attention? No
- Was the story what you expected? Were you disappointed? Surprised? The story was not what I had expected at the beginning but after a while I expected certain things to happen. I did not really like the ending of the book either; I feel like it wasn’t written as well as other books and it felt rushed to me.
- Do you think that the book was suitable for your age? Too violent, swearing, sex, etc.: I think the book was suitable for my age. There was mild swearing and there was mild sexual content.
- Did you like/dislike the book? Why? I did not really enjoy the book I felt uncomfortable with having to read about some young girl’s uncle raping her.
- Who would you recommend this book to, even if you disliked it? Give an example.: I would recommend this book to people who enjoy mystery, mild swearing, and don’t mind the idea of people getting raped.
- Is this a stand-alone book, or is it part of a series? This book stands alone there are no series adding on to the book.
- Does the cover art match the style of the book inside? I don’t think the cover matched the book because on the cover there is many numbers in random places and the book had nothing to do with numbers what so ever.