Student Book Reviewer: Melissa Re-M.
by Carrie Mac
Orca Book Publishers, 2006
Series: Orca Soundings
Summary: Hope the main character, isn’t sure if she is into guys or girls. With all her past boyfriends she finally makes her decision, with all that confusion in one hand in the other you have her hung over sister Joy and her boyfriend Bruce. She finds a job in the big city, and has a blast with her new “friend” and together they don’t care what people think as long as they are happy and together.
- Was the story what you expected? Were you disappointed? Surprised? It was kinda what I was expecting, if you read the back of the book. I was definitely not disappointed about this book, some weird cool adventures along the way.
- Do you think that the book was suitable for your age? Too violent, swearing, sex, etc.: There were some sexual and swearing parts in the book but it was fun to read.
- Did you like/dislike the book? Why? I liked this book it was really interesting to read. I liked the fact that in this book they kinda in a way show you that its ok to be gay/straight/lesbian or bi. I think it was a kind of book that I personally enjoy reading, but that’s my choice u may have a different opinion. But I’ll say its a good book.
- Who would you recommend this book to, even if you disliked it? Give an example. I would recommend this book to kids my age and older. 13+
- Is this a stand-alone book, or is it part of a series? This is a standalone book.
- Does the cover art match the style of the book inside? The cover art does match with the book inside.