Student Book Reviewer: Chris K. – Grade 8
by Rick Jasper
Lerner Publishing Group, 2010
Series: Night Fall #4
Genre: Horror fiction
Summary: In July, a town named Bridgewater had a research facility holding twenty-seven dead criminals. At night a huge storm happened and caused a huge blackout, when the power came back all the criminals disappeared. Dani Kraft, a teen didn’t focus on it when it was on the news. then she realizes that her best friend Jake Sawyer also disappeared but this mysterious man helped her collect the pieces and find him. After all the information she got, Dani found out that her best friend is in a place where a leader is acting like a god. To save her best friend she needs to dress like the people in the leaders community and act like them.
- Did this book hold your attention? Yes
- Was the story what you expected? Were you disappointed? Surprised? This book surprised me because in one part of the book Dani’s best friend Jake had a dad but when he was in the leader’s community he had a secret and he didn’t tell anyone but he only told one person in the community and that was Dani because he trusted her with all his heart. That surprised me because Jake knew that his father was the leader and he acted like his other dad was his real father and that was a real mind-blower.
- Do you think that the book was suitable for your age? Too violent, swearing, sex, etc.: This book was kind of suitable for my age
because there was no sex, no swearing but there was a little violence and in the book the violent part was when a guy had a gun and started shooting at Dani and Jake when they were trying to escape the leader’s community which was in a dream.
- Did you like/dislike the book? Why? I like this book because it was very suspicious for example when I was reading the beginning of the book I was not interested but as I got to the good part of the book I just wanted to keep reading ’till the end.
- Who would you recommend this book to, even if you disliked it? Give an example: I would not recommend this book to anyone because it might not be their type of genre or they might not like the plot of it.
- Was the book part of a series? Is it a book that you have to read the previous/following book to understand the plot? Or is the story self-contained? This book is part of a series called Night Fall and this collection has many different books such as “the club,” “messages from beyond” and four more others.
- Does the cover art match the style of the book inside? The cover of the book does match of a girl suffering which is the whole plot upon Sophie.