Student Reviewer: Alex K. – Grade 8
by Beth Goobie
Orca Book Publishers, 2002
Summary: A young girl in high school named Jujube Gelb is being bullied about her sexual life, but on the brink of giving up she finds a way to fight the rough and cruel battle.
- Did this book hold your attention? Yes
- Was the story what you expected it to be? Were you disappointed? Surprised? This story was how I expected it to be, but I was surprised because I didn’t expect it to be as detailed and cruel.
- Do you think that the book was suitable for your age? Too violent, swearing, sex, etc.: I thought this book was suitable for my age group and everyone’s age group, it also depended on how mature and serious the reader was.
- Did you like/dislike the book? Why? I liked this book because it was one the rare books that caught my attention, I actually learned a bit of inside scoop about girl gossip and I now understand girls better.
- Who would you recommend this book to, even if you disliked it? Give an example: I would recommend it to anyone who is mature enough to handle sex in a book.
- Was the book part of a series? Is it a book that you have to read the previous/following book to understand the plot? Or is the story self-contained? The story is self-contained.
- Does the cover art match the style of the book inside? Yes it does.