Student Reviewer: Catherine V. – Grade 8
by Norah McClintock
Orca Book Publishers, 2009
Series: Orca Soundings
Summary: “Picture This” is a book about a boy named Ethan who is in a photography program for at-risk kids and gets threatened by someone who really wants his camera and would do anything to get it but Ethan isn’t willing to give it up.
- Did this book hold your attention? Yes
- Was the story what you expected it? Were you disappointed? Surprised? The story was nothing I expected. Honestly at first it was really boring but, near the middle it started to get juicy and interesting so I would say that this book surprised me.
- Do you think that the book was suitable for your age? Too violent, swearing, sex, etc.: I think this book is suitable for my age. There is no swearing, there is no sex but there is a little bit of violence just enough to get your attention.
- Did you like/dislike the book? Why? At first I disliked this book because it was extremely boring but, near the middle and end I started to like it because that’s when everything interesting happened.
- Who would you recommend this book to, even if you disliked it? Give an example: I would recommend this book to people who enjoy reading short books that include mystery.
- Is this a stand-alone book, or is it part of a series? This book isn’t part of a series.
- Does the cover art match the style of the book inside? The cover art does match the style of the book because the cover is a picture of a boy who is holding a camera and the story is about a boy named Ethan that has a camera that he can’t let go of.