Student Reviewer: Hamza K. – Grade 8
Summary: Walter and His Partner Cindy are both Detectives. While they are playing Badminton, Walter spots a ghost behind the curtains and decides to follow it. The ghost had brought them to the Bessborough hotel. They had ended up in one of the elevators in the hotel and as the elevator went down, they went back in time.
- Did this book hold your attention? Yes
- Was the story what you expected it to be? Were you disappointed? Surprised? The ending really was sticking out because I thought Walter would’ve saved Archie but he didn’t.
- Do you think that the book was suitable for your age? Too violent, swearing, sex, etc.: I think this book is suitable for my age because there was no sex or swearing but there was some violence.
- Did you like/dislike the book? Why? I liked this book because it was a story where you can’t predict what would happen next because there would be random stuff happening at any time.
- Who would you recommend this book to, even if you disliked it? Give an example: I would recommend this book to someone who likes mystery types of books.
- Was the book part of a series? Is it a book that you have to read the previous/following book to understand the plot? Or is the story self-contained? The story itself is self-contained.