Student Reviewer: Abdel B. – Grade 8
by Eric Walters
Orca Publishers, 2006
Series: Orca Soundings
Genre: Realistic fiction
Summary: In the book written by Eric Walters, the main character, Ian is concerned, after watching a documentary about Frankies fast food. He then, wants to stop people from getting tricked into eating Frankies. He holds a boycott and is now being asked to stop by Frankies’ lawyers.
- Did this book hold your attention? Yes
- Was the story what you expected? Were you disappointed? Surprised? I expected this story to be what it’s about. I
was surprised; it was related to media awareness.
- Do you think that the book was suitable for your age? Too violent, swearing, sex, etc. Yes, it is suitable for my age. There is no swearing,violence or any other inappropriate forms.
- Did you like/dislike the book? Why? Yes, I liked this book; it taught me to be more aware and think if they are tricking you or not.
- Who would you recommend this book to, even if you disliked it? Give an example: I would recommend this book for people who want to be more aware of what choices they’re making.
- Was the book part of a series? Is it a book that you have to read the previous/following book to understand the plot? Or is the story self-contained? It’s the fourth title by Eric Walter in the Orca Soundings series. Stuffed is followed by Grind, Overdrive and Juice.
- Does the cover art match the style of the book inside? The cover page show a hamburger, which is fast food and the book is about a fast food restaurant, so it does match the cover art.