Student Reviewer: Brandy M. – Grade 8
by Sarah N.Harvey
Orca Book Publishers, 2011
Series: Orca Soundings
Genre: Realistic fiction
Summary: March is a ordinary sixteen year old girl who is living a normal life until she catches her boyfriend cheating on her. That’s when March is life starts spinning out of control, she changes herself completely but when March meets a girl she
realizes she must face reality.
- Did this book hold your attention? Yes
- Was the story what you expected? Were you disappointed? Surprised? Yes I was a little disappointed when at the ending of the story, I thought that it would have been more concluding than open.
- Do you think that the book was suitable for your age? Too violent, swearing, sex, etc. Yes the situations are realistic and somewhat relatable, there wasn’t many vulgar scenes, the author tried to use minimal swearing.
- Did you like/dislike the book? Why? I liked this book because it was interesting and short. There wasn’t any extra detail the author was straight forward and got to the point.
- Who would you recommend this book to, even if you disliked it? Give an example: I would recommend this book to people who do not like to read big books because it’s short and simple.
- Was the book part of a series? Is it a book that you have to read the previous/following book to understand the plot? Or is the story self-contained? This story is self-contained.
- Does the cover art match the style of the book inside? Yes, because the main character has completely lost herself she is shattered that is why there is a shattered compact on the fornt of the book cover.