Student Reviewer: Tobias A. – Grade 8
by Michele Martin Bossley
Orca Book Publishers, 2009
Series: Orca Currents
Genre: Realistic fiction
Summary: Nick, Trevor and Robyn suspect that an archaeology professor they met may have stolen fossils from a university. Robyn is suspected to be a psychic.
- Did this book hold your attention? Was the story what you expected it to be? No
- Do you think that the book was suitable for your age? Too violent, swearing, sex, etc.: No, it made me regret being literate and may have made me stupider. More suitable for elementary school children who believe that the characters in the book act like real people.
- Did you like/dislike the book? Why? It was probably among the worst books I have ever read. The characters were nowhere near realistic, none of them acted like actual teenagers
- Who would you recommend this book to, even if you disliked it? Give an example: More suitable for elementary school children who believe that the characters in the book act like real people.
- Was the book part of a series? Is it a book that you have to read the previous/following book to understand the plot? Or is the story self-contained? It’s part of an unnamed series. The plot is self-contained and the only thing it has that links it with the other books are the characters.
- Does the cover art match the style of the book inside? Yes it does. It is about archaeology and the cover is a T-Rex skeleton. One of the characters knocks over a T-Rex replica in the book.