Student Reviewer: Thisana P. – Grade 8
by P. C. Cast and Kristin Cast
St. Martin’s Press, 2007
Series: House of Night, Volume 1
Sixteen-year-old Zoey Redbird just got Marked as a fledgling vampyre. Zoey joins the House of Night, a school where she will be trained to become an adult vampyre. But first, she has to make it through the change. Zoey is no average fledgling. She was chosen as a special vampyre by the vampyre goddess Nyx.
Zoey realizes that she has amazing powers, but along came an unfortunate ability to imprint her human ex-boyfriend. Zoey is not the only one with special powers at the House of Night. The leader of the Dark Daughters is misusing her Goddess-given gift. Zoey must find the courage to embrace her destiny with the help of her new vampyre friends.
- Did this book hold your attention? Was the story what you expected it to be? Yes
- Do you think that the book was suitable for your age? Too violent, swearing, sex, etc. This book was suitable for my age.
- Did you like/dislike the book? Why? I liked this book because I like books that have romance, horror and this book has it all. This book caught my attention and the story is very interesting.
- Even if you disliked the book, would you recommend it to someone else? Give an example: Even if I disliked this book I would recommend it to others because not everybody has the same opinion as me.
- Was the book part of a series? Is it a book that you have to read the previous/following book to understand the plot? Or is the story self-contained? This book is part of a series and you have to read the other books to understand the plot.