Student Reviewer: Robert P. – Grade 8
by Judy Blume
Genre: Humorous Fiction
Summary: Fudge is getting pretend married to a girl named Sheila Tubman, but Fudge doesn’t even want to marry Sheila . Fudge’s mom forces him to get married. Fudge has a brother named Pete. He also does not want Fudge to get married to Sheila. Fudge and his family are going to Maine for 3 weeks in the summer with the Tubmans. Fudge brought a friend named Jimmy to Maine and to go to his wedding . Tootsie is Fudge’s little sister that like to have fun with Fudge and play around doing silly things.
- Did this book hold your attention? Was the story what you expected it to be? : No
- Do you think that the book was suitable for your age? Too violent, swearing, sex, etc.: Yes it was a very funny book, and there were silly things in the book about the wedding.
- Did you like/dislike the book? Why?: I like this book because I like how they both fight each other and sometimes hate each other.
- Who would you recommend this book to, even if you disliked it? Give an example.: I would recommend this book to people who like fighting and like weddings.
- Was the book part of a series? Is it a book that you have to read the previous/following book to understand the plot? Or is the story self-contained?: This book is part of a series, but you don’t have to read them all to understand it.
- Does the cover art match the style of the book inside?: It does not match the book inside because the picture on the cover does not look the same as the story you read.